FACTS AND FIGURES:
- Buckinghamshire is home to over 3,000 Digital Tech businesses who employ more than 11,000 people.
- Growth locally is higher than the national average, with 12% of businesses operating locally within the Information and Communication industry compared to 9% nationally.
- In terms of specific roles, 57% of those who work in the Digital Tech sector locally are in occupations such as Programmers, IT Business Analysts, System Architects and Designers and IT Specialists.
- Within Buckinghamshire, other key roles within this sector comprise of Sales and Marketing Professionals, Account Management, Business Development Employees, Business Analysts, Administration Personnel, Project Managers and Finance Personnel.
- Specialists that work in this sector are also employed within Engineering, Business Support, Education and Public Administration sectors.
- High Wycombe is home to a developed Software and Digital Consultancy cluster.
- Digital Tech remains a key sector with a higher concentration of employees locally than nationally.
Why not jump onto their websites and see if your skills and qualifications match the roles they are looking to hire for? If you are keen to get into this workforce and need to up-skill or study further, see below for what routes you can take into one of these careers.
ROUTES INTO DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY ROLES:
- Bucks New University hosts a number of courses fit for an excellent foundation in a career within Digital Tech. Some that are on offer are BSc Business Management and Information Technology, BSc Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship, BSc Cyber Security, BSc Web Development, and more.
- The University of Buckingham offers Computing, Cyber Security and Security and Intelligence degrees.
- If you are looking for entry-level to level 5 qualifications, there are a number of colleges in the region that offer related qualifications, including Milton Keynes College and Bucks College Group who offer Computing, IT and Software Development courses as well as T Levels in Digital Design and Development.
- Buckinghamshire Adult Learning offer courses including Essential Digital Skills and Digital Photography.